People are being invited to have their say on plans for Northwich’s new entertainment and leisure venue before the scheme goes forward for planning approval.
The Memorial Court proposals – the most detailed yet – will be available to view from December 12 until January 11 at the Memorial Hall, Northwich Library and Northwich Information Centre.
Staff will be on hand to answer questions at the Memorial Hall on Thursday, December 13 (1.30 – 6.30pm) and at the Information Centre on Saturday, December 15 (9am – 12.30pm).
People can register their views by filling in a consultation form at the exhibitions or via the Weaver Valley website where the plans will also be available to view.
It marks the final public engagement exercise before Cheshire West and Chester Council and the Weaver Valley Partnership submit a planning application for the £12.5m state-of-the-art facility in the new year.
Councillor Stuart Parker, Executive Member for Culture and recreation, said: “We have reached a crucial stage in our exciting plans to provide the people of Northwich with a first-class entertainment and leisure venue.
“The feedback we received from local residents earlier this year has been invaluable in shaping the current proposals, which we have developed with our design and build partner Wates.
“There is still time to fine-tune the plans before they are submitted for planning approval, so it is important that people take this opportunity to have their say.”
Memorial Court will occupy the site of the Memorial Court and former magistrates’ court.
It will replace the entertainment facilities at the Memorial Hall and the pool and gym at Moss Farm.
Local Councillor Amy Mercer-Bailey said: “I urge everyone with an interest in the Memorial Court proposals to have their say so we can ensure the plans reflect the needs and aspirations of local residents.
“If people have concerns, we need to hear about them so that any issues can be addressed going forward. Correspondingly, if residents support the proposals, we also want to know. We need everyone’s views because it’s important we get this right.
“Once the planning application is submitted there will be a further opportunity for people to make their views known during the statutory consultation period.”
Meanwhile, work is about to begin on the former magistrates’ court to prepare the building for demolition.
Contractor Wates expects to start erecting hoardings to secure the site from Monday, December 3, ahead of demolition which is scheduled to begin in January.