See the Gallery for the latest video / photos
Progress Report 23rd July 2014
As at the end June 2014 programme is in week 39 of a 71 (+7) week programme. Target completion date 26th April 2015.
- Steel Frame, dryside (entertainment) concrete floor slabs and roof are all complete.
- Ground Floor slabs are continuing to the wetside
- Structural fixing system and cement board have commenced to the dryside
- The walls to the Main Pool will be complete by 25th July
- The concrete structure to the Learner Pool is complete and has been filled with water to test for leaks.
- Works to the parapets and cladding rails to the dryside are continuing
- Intumescent paint continuing
- Mechanical and Electrical installation works ongoing
- Curtain walling has commenced to the dryside
- HV sub-station commenced
As at 26 June 2014 the project is in week 35 of 71 (+7) and is due for completion by end April 2015. Work is progressing well now with completion of the floors to the ground floor dryside and the upper floors. The pool slab has been cast to the main pool and two thirds of the concrete pours are complete to the learner pool. The roof sheeting is complete to the wet and dry sides and the “Street” roof is progressing. Utility diversions are now complete.
26 March 2014 – Steel work in place for the entertainment side of Memorial Court.
The picture above shows the artist impression of the ‘Street’ showing the bridge, which can also be seen on the constructed steelwork.
10 March – Steel work arrives on site
Wates Newsletter (pdf 1.67 MB)
Excavated pool location – following the recent heavy rain.
Construction of pad foundations underway – Entertainment side.
A 1.5m diameter well was found on excavation of the pool, approximately 3 meters below ground level. The well will be capped and sealed with a reinforced concrete slab before construction continues above.
Thursday 19 December 2013
The piling works have now been completed, earlier than programmed and the rig has been removed off site today.
Ground works will commence in the new year.
Tuesday 3 December 2013
Piling works have now commenced on site and will continue for the next few weeks, this is part of the foundation works for the Memorial Court Entertainment and Leisure complex.