Modifications to the Northwich Gyratory scheme are to be carried out, weather permitting, on Sunday 5th August 2012.
The key changes will be:
- To improve capacity, the Chester Way traffic leading across London Road will become three lanes, with centre and outside right lanes having through access up to the bridge. Traffic will still be able to turn right into Dane Street.
- To reduce lane swopping, Weaver Way junction at the Bull Ring (from Town Bridge direction only) will be closed. Weaver Way will still be accessible via Dane Street and from the top of the town via Leicester Street.
- Alterations to lane markings along Watling Street to reduce lane swopping.
- New ‘Keep Clear’ road markings at junction of Navigation Road and Chester Way outside the Co-op to help motorists join the system.
- The Apple Market Street car park entrance will become two-way, with the rear exit to the Bull Ring being closed. This will improve traffic flows at the Bull Ring junction.
- Northwich Gyratory modifications July 2012 (PDF, 192KB)